The university’s policy for addressing sexual and gender-based misconduct applies to students, faculty, staff and third parties on the Ann Arbor, Dearborn and Flint campuses, as well as Michigan Medicine.
The policy, SPG and procedures were developed by a team — consisting of representatives from all three U-M campuses, including Michigan Medicine — and informed by the recommendations of an external review of existing campus sexual and gender-based misconduct policies and procedures, the study of more than 20 policies at peer institutions, and federal guidance. Read more in the University Record.
Throughout 2020-21 members of the working group conducted feedback sessions with groups of students, faculty and staff on all three campuses and at Michigan Medicine. The input gathered was used to inform and update the latest policies and procedures.
Policy & Procedures
(Effective Oct. 1, 2021)
- University of Michigan Policy on Sexual and Gender-Based Misconduct
- Standard Practice Guide
- Employee and third party procedures (for Ann Arbor, Dearborn and Flint campuses)
- Student procedures for Ann Arbor
- Student procedures for Dearborn
- Student procedures for Flint