On Oct. 15, U-M released its draft umbrella policy for addressing sexual and gender-based misconduct that would apply to students, faculty, staff and third parties on the Ann Arbor, Dearborn and Flint campuses.
The policy, SPG and procedures were developed by a team — consisting of representatives from all three U-M campuses, including Michigan Medicine — and informed by the recommendations of an external review of existing campus sexual misconduct policies and procedures, the study of more than 20 policies at peer institutions, and federal guidance. Read more in the University Record.
U-M is seeking broad feedback on the draft policy and procedures through Nov. 22.
U-M community members are encouraged to complete the following survey to provide their feedback.
Policy & procedures
- Draft University of Michigan Policy on Sexual and Gender-Based Misconduct
- Standard Practice Guide
- Employee and third party procedures (for Ann Arbor, Dearborn and Flint campuses)
- Student procedures for Ann Arbor
- Student procedures for Dearborn
- Student procedures for Flint
Individuals outside of the U-M community also can submit their feedback by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org